Important Information about Covid-19 from ETC
ETC’s primary commitment during the COVID-19 response is the safety and health of our customers, employees, and partners. We are in constant contact with local and state officials to gather the best information to aid us in this priority. This page will be updated with the latest information.
ETC is following CDC recommended strategies including but not limited to:
- Actively encouraging sick employees to stay home
- Emphasizing staying home when sick, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene by all employees
- Performing routine environmental cleaning
- Advising employees before traveling to take certain steps
3/24/2020 - Because of the services we provide, the ETC office locations in Romulus, Lansing, and Detroit are able to remain open, albeit at reduced hours. From March 24 through April 13 (or further notice), our office hours are 9am to 4pm.
3/17/2020 - The ETC corporate offices in Romulus, Detroit, and Lansing are open during regular business hours. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3/17/2020 - ETC will perform your inspection as scheduled. Our certified technicians are required to adhere to strict regulations about health and human safety, and will not be allowed to work if they exhibit any signs of illness. We have instructed our employees to wear PPE (gloves and respirator) when performing work within your home. We do not want to cause any alarm, but we are taking this precaution to protect both your family and ETC employees.
Health and human safety is our priority. If you or someone in your household is unwell or is in what is considered a high risk population, please call us at 800-864-3236 to reschedule.
We remain in close and regular contact with local and federal health officials at the Centers for Disease Control, as well as the World Health Organization. Though the situation around the virus remains fluid, our goal is to meet or exceed all provided guidelines.
Your safety and wellbeing remain our foremost priority, and we will continue to share updates with you as quickly and transparently as possible about all upcoming courses you may be involved in.
Thank you for your continued trust and support of ETC Training Services.
3/17/2020 - The following classes are available through virtual training:
- Asbestos Awareness Course
- AHERA Asbestos Operations & Maintenance (O&M)/OSHA Class III Certification Course
- Lead Awareness Course
- Silica Awareness
- HazWoper 24
- HazWoper Refresher
- Confined Space Competent Person
- Confined Space Awareness
We are in the process of receiving approval to offer these OSHA classes through virtual training:
- OSHA 10
- OSHA 30
You will be receiving an email from ETC with instructions for how to access your class remotely, If you need to cancel, please contact us at 800-864-3236.
3/17/2020 - Due to regulations, we are not yet able to offer these classes in a virtual format. We are working with state and federal authorities to identify any work-arounds that may be possible:
- OSHA Material Specific Non-Friable Removal Course
- Asbestos Abatement Worker – Initial
- Asbestos Abatement Worker – Refresher
- Asbestos Abatement Contractor/Supervisor – Initial
- Asbestos Abatement Contractor/Supervisor – Refresher
- Asbestos Inspector – Initial
- Asbestos Management Planner – Initial
- Asbestos Management Planner – Refresher
- Asbestos Project Designer – Initial
- Asbestos Project Designer – Refresher
- Lead Safety for Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Initial
- Lead Safety for Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Refresher Course
- Lead Abatement Worker – Initial
- Lead Abatement Worker – Refresher
- Lead Abatement Supervisor – Initial
- Lead Abatement Supervisor – Refresher
- Lead Inspector – Initial
- Lead Inspector – Refresher
- Lead Risk Assessor – Initial
- Lead Risk Assessor – Refresher
- NIOSH 582 Equivalency
- HazWoper 40
3/17/2020 - ETC has coordinated with state and federal authorities to identify and offer virtual training for all certifications which allow for this. Due to regulations, not every class is available online [see above].
To best accommodate our customers, we are reducing classroom sizes to offer on-demand virtual training to as many businesses as we can. Please contact ETC training at (734) 955-6600 or Training.ETC@2etc.com for more details.
3/17/2020 - Environmental Testing Laboratories (ETL) continues to operate during regular business hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3/17/2020 - As always our exterior dropbox will be checked regularly for samples. Please fill out the appropriate paperwork and place samples in the dropbox. If you need to come into the building to ask questions, get supplies, etc. We are currently restricting access to the front table in the lobby in order to provide proper social distancing. We ask you to use the same discretion in dropping off a sample that you would use to visit any other public place: ensure you are showing no symptoms of illness and take proper precautions to keep yourself safe. As always, please be sure to include the proper paperwork, and double bag your samples.
3/17/2020 - Our lab is fully staffed, and turn-around times will be honored for all samples received on or before today. Samples that arrive tomorrow or later will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. However, at this time we see no indication of a slowdown in turn-around times for samples.